Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Call Pickup Group and/or BLF - not sure of the correct terms

Phil Minneci
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm familiar with the the basics of CUCM, but I received a request that I'm not sure of how to implement - but I assume there's an easy solution.  I apologize in advance if I am not using the correct terminology or features:

I have an admin/receptionist and (3) users - CEO/CIO/COO.   Admin is x1000, CEO is x1001, CIO is x1002 and COO is x1003

I would like all calls x1000 - x1003 to be handled by the Admin - and he/she will route/forward to the CEO/CIO/COO as needed.  So if someone calls the CIO at x1002 - the Admin gets it first, then decides to forward to the CIO or just take a message/handle it themselves.

I do not want the CEO/CIO/COO to get calls directly (not even have their phones ring) - but they should be able to make outbound calls from their respective numbers as needed.  Internal calls between CEO/CIO/COO should go through as normal.  If CEO x1001 calls COO x1003 - it would bypass the Admin.

Hope that makes sense.  I assume Call Pickups and/or BLF would be involved, but again - I haven't ran into these feature in the past.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Phil,

As Jamie has posted the link, it will be called the Manager Assistant with Proxy Line (i.e. Exec Admins phone will ring if someone called the CEO).

Like you I have had a hard time "growing up" in determining the correct terms, till I made the following summarized for me, hope you get benefit as well of it:

Call Pickup Groups are for "Picking up others phones in a Group"

BLF = Busy Lamp Field.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Thanks Jamie - reading through other posts, I was hoping you'd answer! :)

Hi Phil,

As Jamie has posted the link, it will be called the Manager Assistant with Proxy Line (i.e. Exec Admins phone will ring if someone called the CEO).

Like you I have had a hard time "growing up" in determining the correct terms, till I made the following summarized for me, hope you get benefit as well of it:

Call Pickup Groups are for "Picking up others phones in a Group"

BLF = Busy Lamp Field.

HTH

As Wilson says, it's hard to know the name of every single feature in CUCM, but as long as you can articulate the behavior you want to have, we can tell you what might be the best option, or it's simply not possible to do.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate