Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM cluster issue over the WAN

sidris-sid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

One of my client is having CUCM cluster over WAN and the two sites connecting via two different link the main link is using for all traffic but its not reliable I mean the delay can reach sometime more than 100 ms which is not recommend by Cisco “SRND”. I want to utilize the second link “less than 10 ms” to

be only for sync traffic between CUCM publisher and Subscriber, what is the type of port, size of traffic and what is the internal time for each update,

Regards,

Saeed Idris

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saeed,

The maximum one-way delay between any Cisco Unified CallManager servers for all priority ICCS traffic should not exceed 20 ms, or 40 ms round-trip time (RTT).

The ports used are:

TCP 8002 - intracluster communication service (SDL Link/Intra-Cluster Communication)

TCP 8003 - intracluster communication service (Used for signaling from CCM to CTIManager)

Please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/models.html#wp1044045

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/port/8_5_1/portlist851.html

Regards,

Tere.

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Actually depending on the version that can go up to 80 ms round trip, review same chapter from the SRND for your cucm version to see which one applies

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie,

If my links are are 70-72 ms under normal conditions but if my provider has an outage or there is congestion on the network the latency could increase above 80ms. Will TAC support this.

Al

Hi Altaf

The SRND documents what TAC support (80 ms). If your round trip falls outside what is in the SRND, then, no, TAC will not support you.

My own experience is that clustering will generally work ok even at higher than 80ms, but you are on your own from a support perspective.

HTH

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions