Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM integration with Microsoft AD

JAYESH RAMAIYA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a test CUCM 6.1 and Microsoft AD set up on VMWare.

I have taken a back up of our live CM and installed this into the test database as well as taken a live back up of our AD and installed this on the test Server.

I want to integrate AD with CM but am unable to create an CUCMDirSync account in AD.

If i delete my user account in CM give this domain admin rights can I use to to sync.

Regards

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The sync account does not need to be domain admin. Just a normal/standard domain user.

Why can you not create an account in AD?

Also whether or not the account appears in CUCM before integration is irrelevant. If you have an AD account for yourself, you can use that. If it doesn't work you probably have your settings wrong; usually people get the Account DN wrong.

Post up the settings you are trying to use, and a screen grab of the account in your directory showing it's location (i.e. which OU, which domain name etc).

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I have a normal account with phone in CM.

When I try and create an account in AD i get the error message -

Windows cannot create the object CUCMDirSync because:

The directory service was unable to allocate a relative identifier.

Thanks again for your reply

Hi Jayesh

OK - so basically your test domain isn't set up fully. RIDs are assigned by one of the 'special' DC roles, I can't quite recall which but in the olden days of Windows 2000/2003 I think you had to seize these roles using the AD administrative tools.

I would test the AD integration instead using an existing AD account - e.g. whichever account you are logging on to the DC with.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!