Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Licensing

bshifflett
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All!

I recently took over voice administration and have a bit of clean up to do. The former admin left us with -32 licenses in the hole, with only 24 days to either order more, or clean it up. I'm trying to clean it up before having to order more. We have about 40 phones that are auto registered on our campus, currently they are not being used. Could I free up those 40 licenses in the PLM if I were to located those phones and unplug them from the network? Any tips or idea's of cleaning this up would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, any phone that is configured (whether it's connected or sitting on a shelf collecting dust) will consume licenses, you would need to delete those devices from CUCM to free licenses.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank, Jaime!

I have tried deleting those phones to clear up licenses, but they will just auto register within the next twenty minutes and I'm back to square one. I might have to disable auto register, than manually add them back to call manager once the phone needs to be lit for a new hire.

Thanks!

OK, then yeah, you could un-plug them, but if someone plugs them again, you'd have the same scenario.

Disabling auto-registration would prevent that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate