cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM migration from hosted to onsite server

ra2246
Level 1
Level 1

I have never dealt with hosted equipment. What is the process for migrating a CUCM from hosted to an onsite server?  During this process, does the CUCM version remain hosted once moved to the onsite server?  I ask because we have a CUCM that was migrated from hosted to onsite and now we are having issues adding the CM as an instance in PLM. I have also noticed that the CM does not have the System>Licensing option which leads me to believe there is something going on with the version.

7 Replies 7

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Any time you are migrating any CCM Server to a new CCM Server (preferrably 7.x onwards), the best method would be to Export ALL config into a .tar file

Clean up the Tar File and then do a fresh install of the CCM and BAT them in.

HTH

Thanks.

The migration was already done before I came on board with the company. I am mainly trying to figure out the issue with the PLM instance problem that I have a feeling has something to do with it being hosted at one point.

What is the err message? Please note that PLM usernames are Case Sensitive as well.

HTH

"The product type of the Product Instance does not match what is specified on the Cisco Prime License Manager"

When I go through the add process and enter all of the instance information, I can then test the connection successfully.  But once I hit OK to add the instance, I get the error mentioned above.

So TAC could not find a good way to change the version from hosted to non hosted. So I decided to delete the migrated servers and build from scratch. After doing this, the PLM instance issue was resolved.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, are you using HCS, or are you simply using a regular CUCM as hosted??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That's what I am trying to figure out. I have no licensing option to look at on the CUCM and the "About" says nothing about hosted. How do I tell if it's a hosted version?