Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM migration with AD

JAYESH RAMAIYA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am hoping to migrate CM 6.1 with Microsoft AD.

I was hoping to run this in the lab beforehand so that we can iron out any descrepencies before completing this live.

The test lab will be running VMWare on a pc and also two Microsoft 2008 servers, One of the servers will have the AD and the other server, CUCM. Would I need to install the Linux on the other server before?

Can CUCM run on Windows? Is this possible?

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Jay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Generally speaking, you are using vmware and the Guest OS for the CUCM VM guest should be configured as "RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 (32-bit)". You don't need to install the Linux OS. The CUCM installation disk will install the OS and the application. With version 6.1 I believe you can run CUCM in VMWare workstation, VMWare Server, and ESXi. I have used all three.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Generally speaking, you are using vmware and the Guest OS for the CUCM VM guest should be configured as "RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 (32-bit)". You don't need to install the Linux OS. The CUCM installation disk will install the OS and the application. With version 6.1 I believe you can run CUCM in VMWare workstation, VMWare Server, and ESXi. I have used all three.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

khayes1984
Level 1
Level 1

Back in the old days Call Manager (CUCM) ran on Windows. Now and days it's ran off Red Hat. So to answer your question about the AD integration You will need to make sure the Cisco Dir Sync services is started, also you will need to enable LDAP authentication in the 'System" section of CUCM. You will need to create a username that will have Domain Admin rights. After that has been completed then used ADSIEdit in Server2008 and find the the OU parameters for an example "OU=Executive, DC=domain,=DCLocal for the end users" etc..