Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Remove first Digit and replace with "0" on SIP Trunk Calls

tanan.ead1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I'm facing the digit problem, when the sip provider send number like 038398716 it shown all the digit on phone. but when sip provider not send "0" at first digit e.g. 38398716, the CUCM (maybe CUBE) remove the first digit ("3") and replacing this with "0" to 08398716

, so the user are confusing with this. with MGCP Call is never had the issue.

why the problem is causing ?

Call Flow

SIP Provider >> CUBE  >> CUCM

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can debug a call and see if that is actually the telco, I doubt it, but once you confirm, you'll need to review your CUBE and CUCM config to find out where you're doing that and adjust as necessary.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It seems that you are hitting a translation rule which matches calls with non-zero starting and manipulate them.

Start with 'debug ccsip mess' on CUBE and see if the sent INVITE to CUCM is having the same called number as received INVITE from ITSP. If so then your problem at CUCM side and you can use DNA to find where the manipulation is taking place.

If the sent INVITE has different called number than received INVITE then your CUBE is doing the manipulation and you need to check your CUBE config and dial-peers matched.

sent INVITE has different called number than received INVITE.

on CUBE which command i should check. (no voice translation rules) dial-peer config as below

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

destination-pattern 02088....  << (my office number)

incoming called number .

Thanks.

Answer the call then issue the command 'show call active voice brief'. From the output we will be able to find the matched inbound and outbound dialpeers.

Then look at the config of the matched dialpeers and see what translation-profiles are attached.

All dial-peers not have the transation-profiles configured, it use translate pattern on CUCM Only.

Is the dial-peer with

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4 : sip provider server

cause the issue ?

post your config, the output of debug ccsip mess, and the output of the show command 'show call active voice brief' during active call with wrong calling number.