Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM sip client dns srv

Peekaboom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to use dns for balancing and fault tolerance third-party SIP phones (e.g. x-lite).

I've configured dns with srv records

IN      NAPTR   90      50      "s"     "SIP+D2T"       ""      _sip._tcp.sip.domain.com.
IN      NAPTR   100     50      "s"     "SIP+D2U"       ""      _sip._udp.sip.domain.com.
sip             3       IN      A       10.2.1.3
                3       IN      A       10.2.1.4
_sip._udp       SRV     1       1       5060    sip.domain.com.
_sip._tcp       SRV     1       1       5060    sip.domain.com.

10.2.1.3 and 10.2.1.4 - two servers in CUCM cluster  ver. 7.1.5

nslookup
Default Server:  relay.domain.com
Address:  10.2.2.10

> set type=srv
> _sip._tcp.domain.com
Server:  relay.domain.com
Address: 

_sip._tcp.domain.com  SRV service location:
          priority       = 1
          weight         = 1
          port           = 5060
          svr hostname   = sip.domain.com
domain.com    nameserver = ns.domain.com
domain.com    nameserver = ns1.domain.com
sip.domain.com        internet address =10.2.1.3
sip.domain.com        internet address =10.2.1.4

Sip softphone registers with domain and getting incomming calls.When I try to make outbound call from sip-client, the resporse is - "user not found"

In CDRs, the termination cause "unallocated/unassigned number" and called number looks like 7777@domain.com.

Сall passes when I manually adding call manager address (7777@10.2.1.3 or 7777@10.2.1.4).

Has anyone tried this successfully or have suggestions for the problem?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Steven Stuart
Level 1
Level 1

I have DNS enabled on my call manager with a primary and secondary server. You can check by using the CLI command show network eth0 detail to see the DNS. If it is inactive try setting up the DNS on the call manager and see if that works.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080a9a0fe.shtml

I have only primary DNS on callmanager, but it's active.

Have you checked the forward and reverse DNS zones to ensure there are DNS records?

Was the DNS setup from the beginning or did you add the DNS after the initial installation of the call manager?

Have you tried restarting the call manager?

Forward and reverse DNS zones configured.

The DNS was configured with cluster installation. Reboot the server does not help.

May be smth in cucm configuration missing?

called number looks like 7777@domain.com

.....looks like you have sip.domain.com and the called number above doesn't match

I would check your DNS configuration as that is not working correctly.

have a look here http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/294-using-dns-srv-records-for-cisco-cucm-and-cups.html

Thank you for your help, Steven.

I added my domain.com to CUCM Enterprise parameters "Cluster Fully Qualified Domain Name".That was my mistake.

Now it works!