Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Tranformation Calling - Problem with alternate number

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,
 i have 2 IP phone model 7821 with DN 5610 and 5607. When this 2 phones calls other phones, the calling number have to be changed to 2000.

All my phones have a CSS applied in the "Calling Party Transformation CSS" under "Remote number" section, the CSS contains a partition used for calling party trasformation and i have 2 rules for change the DN 5610 and 5607 to 2000 (the DN 2000 is a hunt pilot).
The configuration is working: if i call from DN 5610 another phone, i see the calling number as 2000, but if the receiving phone don't answer, what i see in the missed calls is not what i want (see the screenshot attached). In the missed calls i see the calling number as 2000 but also the original number 5610 as alternate number. When from the receiving phone i call back the original calling phone by selecting call from the missed calls list, the phone calls the alternate number reaching the original phone and not the hunt pilot.

Why in the list appear the alternate number? is there a way for remove that information?

Regards,

Christian

4 Replies 4

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

This is working as designed. Remote Number CSS only affects how the calling number is presented to a user for received calls. Also, if you set "Apply Transformations On Remote Number" Service Parameter to True it will also affect how the dialed number is shown when a user places a call. Note that in both cases the effect is purely cosmetic. As a matter of fact, for older phones you'd see the number only in the original format in call lists.

It looks like the newer phones add the Alternate Number field to call lists that shows the original number as well as the number that was actually displayed to a user.

In your case, I think what you are trying to accomplish can be done by using the "Caller ID For Calls from This Phone" CSS, right above the Remote Number one. This will affect how the calling number is presented for internal calls and should only show the masked number in call lists. Note that this CSS doesn't affect calls going outside the system - in those cases the External Phone Number Mask is used, or the actual DN will be used if there's no EPNM.

Hi Evgeny,
 the "Caller ID For Calls from This Phone" CSS also affect how the calls are going outside the PSTN. I have tried to set on a phone this CSS, phone number is 5608 and the rule applied change the phone number to 5607. When i call a PSTN number (phone -> SIP VoiceGateway -> PRI E1 PSTN ) the call is presented at the remote party as 5607. This is not what i want, i have to keep the original number when the calls go out to the PSTN.

I forgot to say that i have the "Apply Transformations On Remote Number" set to true.

The remote number CSS would be what i need if only the alternate number might be removed.

Regards,

Christian

I just got a chance to test "Caller ID For Calls from This Phone" in the lab. You are correct this CSS does affect calls going out of the system but in my testing it only does so if the Route Pattern has "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" unchecked. If it's checked, then the CSS is not applied and the EPNM value in the Line Appearance is used. If that value is blank, then the DN itself is used.

So in your case you could use the "Caller ID for Calls from This Phone" to modify the calling number when dialing internal destinations, and EPNM for external (with "Use EPNM" checked).

Hi Evgeny,
 thank you for the information. At the moment i don't have the EPNM checked, i have some voice-gateway in different geographical site where i normalize the calling number in the inboud dial-peer and only some ip phone has the "Caller ID for Calls from This Phone" configured. I will think about what is better to do.

Regards,

Christian