cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Translation Question

david.neubauer
Level 1
Level 1

I have sync'd CUCM via Cisco Prime Collaboration provisioning to an AD server. The client has their phone numbers in AD as (555) 222-3333. They are using a 3 digit extension system so the above example would end up DN 333. Using Jabber to dial other employees is proving a problem at this time because they are referencing the active directory entry (555) 222-3333.

What type of translation pattern do I need to add to reroute the dialed digits 5552223333 to directory number 333? Preferably in a block manner such as 5552223XXX.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TP: 5552223.XXX

Under called party transformation;

Discard Digits: Pre Dot

This will translate the number to XXX which is last three digits.

Please note that TP CSS should see the DN partitions to successfully route the call to respective DNs.

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TP: 5552223.XXX

Under called party transformation;

Discard Digits: Pre Dot

This will translate the number to XXX which is last three digits.

Please note that TP CSS should see the DN partitions to successfully route the call to respective DNs.

Thanks

Vivek,

Thank you for your answer, I will do this straight away. As a side note URI dialing is enabled but not everyone in the office is going to want to use that function, especially if they are just clicking on the call button in the Jabber client, they are going to pick the option that is most familiar to themselves.

Thanks for the update. Please let us know later how it goes.

Thanks

Vivek

Hi,

I suggest instead of creating translation rules to use SIP URI dialing for your Jabber calls. In this case, you need to enable SIP URI dialing in CUCM and each user will have his SIP URI Directory field filled automatically based on your configuration.

Then Jabber clients will dial each other using SIP URI (which can be email address) instead of depending on extension numbers.

Some helpful links

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_6/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and-installation-guide/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and_chapter_01000.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_6/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and-installation-guide/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and_chapter_010010.html

Hi Mohammed,

SIP URI dialing is also a good option however it can only work in addition to translation patterns but can't be an alternative option. We also need to take care of situations where user doesn't search the contact from directory indeed dial the number like 5552222333 manually from keypad. This will force to configure translation pattern.

What do you think?

Thanks

Hi Vivek,

You won't need the translation rule. When you enable URI Dialing and map 'msRTCSIP-primaryuseraddress' to Directory URI in LDAP integration, CUCM will maintain each user with its corresponding URI and DN. Let's take an example:

AD Number: 5552222333

CUCM DN: 333

msRTCSIP-primaryuseraddress : mohammed.baqari@gmail.com

Now, when Jabber user click on dial button, he will see two options:

5552222333 & mohammed.baqari@gmail.com

If the user hit the Directory URI (mohammed.baqari@gmail.com), SIP INVITE message will use mohammed.baqari@gmail.com in SIP Request-URI. CUCM will read this header and map the called DN automatically to 333. Therefore, you won't need any digit manipulation and that is the purpose of URI dialing in Jabber.

Hi Mohammed,

Yes, agree with you and that is what the purpose of URI dialing and being used.

However what I was quoting before to take care of situations where user doesn't hit the Directory URI while searching and instead, hit the number 5552222333 and in this case, we need to convert this called party number to respective DN.

Had I been able to convey the reason?

Thanks

Yes you did :) ... Thank you