Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade from 8 to 10

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone,

I have a customer who plans to upgrade CUCM from 8 to 10. The old cluster is pretty chaotic and the dial-plan is very bad. So the upgrade will be like new deployment because I have to change all partitions and CCSs, route patterns etc.

I have a problem that most of the phones are configured with speed dials and BLF and some features. Is there a way to export phones form old cluster and uploaded to the new cluster and keep the phones features for every user as it is?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

In this case I would utilize the bulk administration tool using the import/export method:

1. Export all phones from the old cluster to .csv format.

2. Do an export of all phones from the new cluster to get the proper .csv format for the new version.

3. Massage the data from the original old cluster .csv to the new cluster .csv format and re-upload to the new cluster.

The import/export method is covered here for version 8.6 (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/8_6_1/bat-861-cm/t13cnftl.html).

Please let us know if this helps.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I do a BAT export of all features from 8.x and then convert it to 10.x format.

You will need to add a phone to the 10 system and configure speed dials, features etc. to get a 10.x compatible CSV file and then add/amend columns in your 8.x export CSV to get in to the same format.

You will need to configure softkey templates, device pools etc. with the same names as on the 8.x system before doing an import.

It is quite a manually intensive process but I am not aware of any simpler way other than doing a proper 8.x to 10.x upgrade, exporting your phones then importing into the clean 10.x build.

Devansh
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Are you using UCS server or MCS server for 8.X call manager. I believe 10.X Call Manager will not work on MCS server. If your migrating from MCS to UCS server Please take the backup of MCS server and restore to new. If you want modify anything that you can do in 10.X.

Note:

1. You need to upgrade the gateway and Phones in 8.X before migrating to 10.X as the higher version of the call Manager will not support the lower firmware of the phones and IOS version in voice gateway.

Trisha Vasquez
Level 1
Level 1