cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM uprade to 8.6.2

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a CUCM cluster that is running 6.1.4, I need to upgrade on new hardware. The bridged upgrade asks you to upgarde all nodes, the do a DRS on the pub , once pub is done you can DRS the subscribers.  IThe customer will not let me upgrade the existing hardware so I need to restore the 6.1.4 on new hardware, I was hoping to only have to DRS the 6.1.4 pub, restore on new hardware and then do upgrade. after upgrade is complete on 8.6.2 , I would add the sub onto the hardware.

Do I have to DRS all servers onto new hardware at 6.1.4 then upgrade all servers to 8.6.2 or anybody any other ideas. 

Yes I do have the COP file on the 6.1.4  

15 Replies 15

Jerry I agree. I hate deleting servers from the database. This has always been an issue even back to 3.0.6. Sometimes you take your chances deleteding servers and adding back.

Some of the numbers we don't see unless we would look into the database beacuse deleting as you say and re-adding we don't see that number Node 4 or Node t unless you know where to look.

I have done it and had issues I have done it and had no issues.. One of the questions I have wanted to ask TAC and I was going to get our support center in Toronto to ask you guys was , I know that if you have all the servers , pub subs all running and try and do a back up I have seen it fail untill all servers omline, however the last couple upgrades I have done,for sake of this discussiuon , go from 4.1.3 ,using DMA tool. Then build a 7.1 communications manager, add dma tool on pub , the soon aas done upgrade to 8.6 , do a backup and restore onto new hardware , then  build the subscribers , then add licenses , and activate servers, it works, so it seems as long as I dont activate services on the publisher i can do a backup on a cluster that only has a publisher.. Hope this makes sense , I guess I am asking ius long as services are not activated I can do backup , but if I where to activate th epublisher on 7.1 and upgrade the backup (DRS) will fail,,

Wow This scenario is starting to become the normal as customers come off old versions and old hardware to get the latest level codes.

Thank you