Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Virtual Hardware Changed But CUCM Doesn't Recognize It

A_
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

we replaced old UCS servers with new one. It's working fine and we don't had any problems. But CUCM shows at the admin frontpage the old server specs. Also in the System Reports we can see old specs with old cpu speed. Also in CLI we can notice the old specs.

How we can fix this? We rebooted the servers already. We're using CUCM 11.5.

Best regards

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How did you move/migrate the VM?

Are you running on a supported server?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Via vmotion for supported servers. After that we rebooted all servers (that normally should not be necessary)
The servers are supported yes. It is a UCS-B200-M5 with Xeon 6100 series cpu and physical core clock speed 3,2 GHz to support full uc.

I have a gut feeling that this may be due to out-of-date or uninstalled VMtools on your VM. I'm not entirely sure this is the case, but it may be worth checking especially if you've upgraded your vSphere since you've installed the CUCM. The reason being that the guest OS and host communicate via VMTools.

Here is a blog which shows how this can be done:

https://www.sourceonetechnology.com/how-to-upgrade-vmware-tools-and-hardware-for-cisco-virtual-servers/

If this is relevant and works out for you, please update us. It would make for an interesting find :)

Hi Nadav, thanks for your answer. We already have current VMware tools installed.

Did you ever get an answer to this?

Thanks

Meanwhile after vSphere/CUCM (SU) updates it shows the correct hardware specification. though, I'm not sure what the issue was. If you don't have any issues I suggest that you live with that and sometime it changes. It would be cool if a cucm dev can specify when the hardware specs are updated, though. It seems like an optical error for some time