Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMv7 migration to CUCMBEv12 questions

Dear all,

I have an old CUCM7-BE (MCS7828H3-K9-BE7) with about 1800 DLU units (only 900 DLU used) in addition to 50 mail box in the unity connection. Branches there are MGCP gateways works also in SRST when CUCM fails. Models are (2851,2811,1861,2911 Qty=16).
IP phones Models are 7911, 7941, 7942, 7945, 7975, 6921, CIPC. Qty= 200, possible to extend more.

I need to migrate to Cisco CUCMBE v12.5:

1- Do above phone models supported by CUCMBE v12.5 as UCL Basic license each or UCL Enhanced?

2- Do Cisco provide free UCL Enhanced License for above phone instead of my purchased 1800 DLU & 50 mail box?

3- Which is the appropriate starter bundle is suitable for my above scenario, i`m looking for worthy solution for my Licenses, either get migration license or buy a new starter bundle & other options.??

4- Will above Gateways 2800/2900 will work with CUCMBE as MGCP & SRST?

5- I `ve a lot of configuration in current CUCM, can i backup and restore it to the CUCMBE or configure again from scratch?

6- Can i get BE6M-M5-K9 for CUCM,Unity Connection, Express Way and Cisco Meeting Server (CMC)?

7-  I have 10 users using CIPC in addition to their IP phones, do they need Enhance plus license?

Thanks and looking for your answers with reference if possible.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For anything related to what to order (HW/SW/licenses), you should reach out to a local Cisco partner with UC specializations to find out what (if any) promotions are available for your scenario, and if there are not any, what you'd need to buy for a fresh install and what current options are available that would suit your needs based on products you want to use and number of devices.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/trouble/14_0_1/fieldNotices/cucm_b_deprecated-phones-14.html

28xx/38xx/29xx/39xx should work fine if you use one of the latest IOS

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/Compatibility/CSR-Compatibility-Matrix-InteractiveHTML.html

And no, if you have a BE 5000, your ONLY option is BAT for CUCM, and COBRAS for CUC. It's up to you if you want to massage the data in order to import it into 12.5, or if you'd rather configure everything from scratch.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank Jaime for your replay,

Just to gather info about options available and don`t stick in partner offer. Like, is the starter bundle comes in different license options in addition to other details relate to CUCMBE.

Also what about other points,, plz

thanks

When I last did a BE5K migration it was a bit painful, even upgrading the BE5K to the same version so that import/export should directly match there were a lot of fix ups needed.  I would really suggest a nice clean build on 12.5 then just use BAT to import phones or phones/users as appropriate.  Try to persuade your users to let you do the same for Unity, not preserve existing voicemail.   With a clean build you can run the old and new alongside each other, and test new with a few phones before cutting over. 

Regarding promotions, you could see what your partner suggests and post BOM here for comment (I think that would be allowed).

Offers vary with territory but where we're based the price for the BE6K 35 user starter pack is much much less than the cost of 35 migrated users.