cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Access Control group for Users Page

sherif.elella
Level 1
Level 1

I want to create an access control group to allow users to access their user webpage and change their PIN ONLY!

I copied standard CCM enduser group, and removed standard CCM Admin User, and created a copy of that role and removed all updates from it except the one for user settings.. but I can still change everything else other than the PIN.

documentation clearly says

Standard CCM End Users

Cisco Unified CM User Options

Grant an end user log-in rights to the Cisco Unified CM User Options

Tip After you configure the user, make sure that you add the user to the Standard CCM End Users user group (User Management > User Group). If you do not add the user to this group, the user cannot view and update the Cisco Unified CM User Options.

Standard CCM End Users

Standard CCMUSER Administration

Cisco Unified CM User Options

Allows access to the Cisco Unified CM User Options.

Standard CCM End Users

what am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

In addition to the excellent info from Java & Mohammed (+5) I believe the only way to restrict access to certain settings on the ccmuser page is via the control level set via>Enterprise parameters>User Options Parameters;

Enterprise Parameters—Administrators can set enterprise parameters in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration to determine which user options are available for users to configure. For example, administrators can configure Cisco Unified CM User Options to remove all call forwarding options. Enterprise parameters are set by system administrators in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. They appear in the Enterprise Parameters Configuration window, under User Options Parameters.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/useroptions/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_CA32DEF9_00_cucm-user-options-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CA32DEF9_00_cisco-unified-communications-manager-user_chapter_00.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I don't think you can limit users within users page. If you give them access to user settings then they can change all the settings in the user page.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The granularity for the permissions in CUCM only goes as far as level page, if you have access to a certain config page, you can change any setting in that page, and for all the items that might exists.

There is no way to configure a user that can only change the PIN.

You can configure self-care portal and leave each user change their own PIN as they require.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

In addition to the excellent info from Java & Mohammed (+5) I believe the only way to restrict access to certain settings on the ccmuser page is via the control level set via>Enterprise parameters>User Options Parameters;

Enterprise Parameters—Administrators can set enterprise parameters in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration to determine which user options are available for users to configure. For example, administrators can configure Cisco Unified CM User Options to remove all call forwarding options. Enterprise parameters are set by system administrators in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. They appear in the Enterprise Parameters Configuration window, under User Options Parameters.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/useroptions/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_CA32DEF9_00_cucm-user-options-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CA32DEF9_00_cisco-unified-communications-manager-user_chapter_00.html

Cheers!

Rob

hi there!!

thanks alot, this is what i was looking for. its kinda odd that they'd do this way, ud think the roles read/update should be enough.