cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dealy when receiving calls on Cisco jabber in iphone (ios-12.0.1)

aneesap90
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are experience a strange issue with jabber in iPhone (ios-12.0.1) but issue is getting randomly.

There is a time delay in jabber (iPhone only) with desk phone.

For incoming  calls on extension, Desk phone is ringing first and after some delay only jabber starts ringing.

Anybody faced this issue ? Please suggest

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure everything is synced with an NTP and then gather traces from CUCM and a PRT from Jabber to compare if CUCM is sending the call to both devices at the same time, which would mean something in your network is causing the delay. Or if the call arrives roughly at the same time to the Jabber device, if Jabber is for some reason taking more time to process the call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your reply,

NTP is fine. There wont be any problem report in this case right ?Also i suspect Jabber is for some reason taking more time to process the call.Also we noticed this issue only for iPhone users.There is no delay with Android.

Regards

Is Jabber connected to same network or over 4G network? Are you using
expressway or directly to UDS

Thank you for the response

Issue reported is when connected to 4G netwrok.But i have experienced the same issue with my iPhone when connected to same network (directly to UDS)

Regards

Hi,

I know in the latest IOS they now suspend Jabber in the background which caused a similar issue for us. We had to configure Push notifictaion.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/push_notifications/cucm_b_push-notifications-deployment-guide/cucm_b_push-notifications-deployment-guide_chapter_01.html

Worth having a read