Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing a PLAR phone

iancarder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just set up(ccm 4.x) a phone to automatically dial a number when it goes "off hook".  I used the following doc to configure that:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

However, I'm somewhat confused as how to properly configure CCM to allow a phone to dial the PLAR phone.  I added the Hotdial partition into the calling search space on a test phone, and it automatically turned it into a PLAR phone.

Is it possible to dial a PLAR phone?  If so, any hints on how to do it?  Thanks much!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is absolutely nothing special to dial the DN of the phone that has the PLAR.

If you can dial the DN from the PLAR phone and the CSS from the phone you're using allows you to reach it, that's it

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java,

Thanks for responding.  I've ditched making this specific phone a PLAR.  However, the issue I was having was:

Phone A = Regular office phone - configured the line for basicDialPlanPT, basicDialPlanCSS

Phone B = PLAR phone - configured the line for hotdialPT, hotdialCSS

When I put hotdialPT into basicDialPlanCSS so Phone A can dial phone B, Phone A will try to auto dial...which is wrong because it's a normal office phone that needs to dial outside and all internal extensions.  I can get Phone B to dial Phone A properly, just not the other way around.

-Ian

The DN from the PLAR phone can be in ANY partition, it doesn't need to be in the same partition as the TP you use for the PLAR.

Just make sure the DN from the PLAR phone is in the CSS from the device you're using for the call.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate