Views
Helpful
Replies

Digit Forwarding

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

Let's say I am in Maryland, US of A.  Verizon gives me 301-811-1xxx DIDs for my office.  I have a MGCP gateway connected to the Verizon PSTN network.  This MGCP gateway is managed by my CUCM 4.3.  When my aunt calls me, does the phone company typically forward the last 4 digits or the full 10 digits?  If they forward the full 10 digits, how do I configure CUCM to trim out 301-811 before forwarding to the user DN 1xxx?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a configurable parameter you need to agree on with the provider, it could ba anything, typically it is either 4 or 10 digits in US. On CUCM side you control this via Significant Digits field on the GW port configuration. So, if you only need to see last 4 digits you set this field to 4.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a configurable parameter you need to agree on with the provider, it could ba anything, typically it is either 4 or 10 digits in US. On CUCM side you control this via Significant Digits field on the GW port configuration. So, if you only need to see last 4 digits you set this field to 4.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Perfect.  That's exactly what I am looking for.  Thanks!