Views
Helpful
Replies

digit stripping for different gateway

oldcreek12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all,

I have a situation that I don't know an easy solution for. We have a SIP trunk between CUCM (6.1) and an ITSP, this SIP trunk will be our main gateway for US LD calls and international calls, we also have ISDN as backup. ITSP requires us to strip off 011 when sending them SIP invite for international calls, but our ISDN provider expects us to send 011, the main route-list has SIP trunk and ISDN gateway. How can I configure a route pattern such that when an international call is routed to SIP trunk "011" will be stripped, but when international call is routed to ISDN, "011" will not be stripped? We expect employees to always dial 011 from their desktop IP-phone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have to open route list and under route list you got route groups (think you should create specific RG to achive your settings) and then you can put digit manipulation there.

Make sure it will be new route group assigned to RL with this specific digit manipulation.

To make it easier if you dont have testing CUCM create new RL and new RG with let say patter to specific number just for testing.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

You should use route list for digit manipulation. On route list level do it for each route group.

First route group will strip international code and second will keep it.

Hi, thanks a lot for your time, I am running CUCM 6.0.1, when I configure route list and add route group, I don't see the option to configure called party transformation settings for a route group. I see transformation pattern configuration under "call routing tab", how to associate a specific transformation pattern to a route group in CUCM6.0.1?

You have to open route list and under route list you got route groups (think you should create specific RG to achive your settings) and then you can put digit manipulation there.

Make sure it will be new route group assigned to RL with this specific digit manipulation.

To make it easier if you dont have testing CUCM create new RL and new RG with let say patter to specific number just for testing.

Thanks a lot, I got it working! I wish CUCM would allow users to dynamically configure a route group's transformation in a already defined route list.

d