cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the license of Ip Phone 7821 include the FLEX 3 or not?

Sopheak CHEU
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I need you to help me with my question if I purchase the IP cisco phone 7821 with a subscription license and smart net license, but no need FlEX 3 license. it is impossible or not?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Sopheak CHEU wrote:

"No the 7821 phone CP-7821-K9= does not include Flex-3 or any other form of license." really?

Yes really.  I'm not sure why that's so difficult to believe. Cisco does not include a licence because they don't know what product you intend to use it with, whether you already have enough licences, etc etc.

Since you have confirmed you have CUCM 12.5, you need to look at the licences in your Smart Account and see what you have in total, and whether there are any spare.

See slide 32 here ..

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/latam/docs/2018/pdf/BRKUCC-2725.pdf

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Not a license expert, so not sure that I know what a subscription license is. Could you please share a little bit of information on this? Normally I’d say that buying a phone or any other device would not include any actual licenses, so based on that the answer would be that you’d also need to get additional FLEX licenses or if it is covered by what you already have in your smart account it would use these.

Response Signature

FLex 3.png

Yes Sir, Here is the quotation from my partner. but I wonder why it includes a-flex-3? or nowaday Cisco includes this a-flex-3 when I purchase the Cisco UC Phone 7821? thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure that's quite the full configuration, however what it looks like is that item 1.0 and all it's components is your licensing for on-premise Callmanager (Cisco Unified Communications Manager) with support for just one phone either on its own or associated with a user.  In that build "NU" stands for "Named User", so item 1.02 licences a single user who in turn can be associated with any phone needing an Essential, Basic or Enhanced CUCM licence.

Moving on, item 2 is the phone hardware.  Item 2.01 is purely hardware maintenance for the phone, if it breaks it will be replaced next business day.  In my experience most customers don't take maintenance on their phones.  

We could provide a bit more advice if you shared more about the intended project.  It would be rare to see CUCM licensed only for one single phone/user.  And in fact a 7821 only needs a Basic CUCM licence so would be covered by the lower cos Flex-3 part "A-FLEX-NUPL-A"

Yes Sir, If I purchase only items 2 and 2.01 and no need to purchase items from 1 to 1.11, So it will be working or not for calling in local?

thanks

No.  If you purchase 2 you get the phone hardware only.  2.01 is hardware maintenance.  The 7821 cannot work standalone, it needs to register with some product or service.  

What are you trying to achieve?

ucm.png

Yes Sir, I remain 2 licenses more of UC Manager Enhanced License. 

and I just want to know, why when I purchase the new phone 7821, does it include the A-FLEX-3? If I don't want to get it (FLEX), my phone will be working well or not? thanks

No the 7821 phone CP-7821-K9= does not include Flex-3 or any other form of licence.

Can you explain exactly what you have already and what you're trying to achieve?

For example do you have an existing working CUCM installation, to which you want to add one more phone?  If that's the case then if the CUCM has at least one Basic or better licence free, you will be able to add the new phone without buying any more licences.  If you aren't sure how to check this, please confirm the version of CUCM and we can advise.

Hi Sir,

"No the 7821 phone CP-7821-K9= does not include Flex-3 or any other form of license." really?

Yes i had the exiting working CUCM and i want to add 5 more phones. So here is my CUCM system version: 12.5.1.10000-22.

thanks

@Sopheak CHEU wrote:

Yes really.  I'm not sure why that's so difficult to believe. Cisco does not include a licence because they don't know what product you intend to use it with, whether you already have enough licences, etc etc.

Since you have confirmed you have CUCM 12.5, you need to look at the licences in your Smart Account and see what you have in total, and whether there are any spare.

See slide 32 here ..

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/latam/docs/2018/pdf/BRKUCC-2725.pdf

Why are you even asking for help if you won’t take an answer from two individual contributors in the community, on multiple answers I might add. It is very simple, you do not get any licenses included in the purchase of any device. You’ll have to add those individually to the BOM. Please don’t ask the same question, in slightly different words, again.

Response Signature

Hi Sir, 

Thanks for your advice. now I got the solution. thanks again.

Those highlighted items are the actual phone and the hardware support option for it. There are no license included with any of these. That you’d need to add if you do not have available free licenses in your smart account.

Response Signature