cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Unity 11.x work with CUCM 10.5?

erin.mcdonald
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!  First, thank you for taking time out of your day to help me.  I appreciate it.

I'm interested in installing a Unity Connection 11.5 cluster without upgrading my call manager at this time.  Will Unity 11.5 work with CUCM 10.5?

Also, is it a bad idea to stand up an 11.5 server while the 10.5 server is still up?  Instead of upgrading the 10.5 server, I'd like to install the 11.5 from scratch, since it will be good practice for me, but I don't want to mess anything up if the 11.5 server will try to write database entries or otherwise do configuration changes while the 10.5 server is still running.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unity-connection/products-device-support-tables-list.html

Your 2nd question I don't understand, if that is going to be a separate server/cluster there is nothing to worry about. If all you want is to practice, I'd suggest you upgrade the production server. If what you want is to use that new 11.5 server to replace the 10.5 server, you'll need to use COBRAS and reconfigure everything in that new server.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you, yes, I was hoping to install 11.5 on the side, and eventually replace the 10.5 machine with it.  That's what I've done with Emergency Responder and Prime License Manager.  I've installed 11.5 on a separate machine and configured it without the pressure of having the production server down while I did it.  Then replaced the 10.5 server with the 11.5 when I was ready.

I appreciate your time!