Helpful
Replies

DRS backup and CDR/CAR bug not clear

smsangola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I ran over the bug and I am trying to apply it on my 5.1.3-4000 CUCM

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl16967

First, where to apply these commands? They didn't work in CLI.

ls -R /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/destination*

rm -rf /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/preserve/*
     rm -rf /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/car/*

Second, I didn't find the System->Scheduler->CDR Load nor the System->Database->Configure Automatic Database Purge

Precisely, Scheduler and Database are not found in the list!

Third, it says "Delete the backup.log from location /common/drf", I didn't get to that file after lots of trials of 'file list' commands.

What's the correct file command?

Thank you!

DRS stuck in CCMDB backup if many CDR files in Preserved folder
Symptom:

Callmanager 5.1.3 is able to backup the  components to SFTP server successfully earlier, but as with the system  running and the CDR records starting to build up, the backup start to  fail at some stage.

Condition:
huge set of CDR/CMR files may accumulate in Preserve folders (e.g 110,000) caused a big backup.log file exceeded 1 MB(e.g  20MB)

Typical Scneario:
Customer  does not want to use CAR but using third party billing server instead  and CAR loader is disabled, in callmanager 5.1.3, this  can result in  large number of CDR/CMR accumulated in Preserve folder.

Workaround:

In 5.1.3 and later
Stopping CAR service will not stop accumulating flat CDR Files.

To clean up the CDR files temporarily to that DRS can proceed,

1. stop the CDR Agent service on all servers in the cluster, so no new CDR files will be pushed to the publisher.

2. check to make sure all the files have been pushed to the billing server(s), do the following command

ls -R /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/destination*

to make sure there is no symbolic link in any of the subfolders

3. Stop CDR Repository Manager, CAR Scheduler and CAR Web Service on the publisher

4.  remove all the files under  /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/preserve/< date> that have been  accumulated. And remove all the symbolic links under  /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/car/< date> with the following  commands,

rm -rf /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/preserve/*
rm -rf /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/car/*

5. restart CDR Repository Manager, CAR Scheduler, CAR Web Services on the publisher.

To  stop further accumulation of CDR files, start CAR Scheduler service,  set the loader to schedule to continuously loading, load CDR only.

1. create a ccmadmin account if not yet in user group management on ccmadmin page
2. log in to CAR, go to System->Scheduler->CDR Load,
3. check "Continuous Loading 24/7" and "Load CDR only" boxes
4. click "update"
5. goto System->Database->Configure Automatic Database Purge,
6. set both "Min Age of Call Detail Records" and "Max Age of Call Detail Records' to 1
7. click "update"
8. go to Report Config->Automatic Generation/Alert
9. For each report, select "Disabled" status and click "Update"

Finally, restart CDR Agent service on all the servers.

workaround for DRS :
1. Restart DRS Master Agent and Local Agent.
2. Delete the backup.log from location /common/drf
1 Reply 1

lusandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The procedure you are trying to follow require Root access to the server.

you will need to contact TAC in order to fix the issue.

Regards,

Luis Sandi