cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call forwarding ucm 7.1(2)

mhafbnet
Level 1
Level 1

We just upgraded from CallManager 4.3 to Communications Manager 7.1(2). All configurations carried over with Data Migration Assistant, but since the upgrade we cannot use call forwarding. We have attempted call forwarding from the phone via soft key, and also from the administation page. When we attempt it from the phone we get a busy signal and an error message, "Database Error" on the phone. This is probably the first of many configuraiton changes we will have to make from such a drastic update but we need call forwarding for daily use. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-MHAFBNET

6 Replies 6

fkarami
Level 1
Level 1

Please go to your callmanager admin page, go to Service Parameters for your CallManager and serach for Call Forwarding Policy. Change CFA CSS Activation  Policy to "With Activating Line/Device CSS" and try again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Farbod

tried this out and tried configuring the call forward all from the ucm admin and its still not forwarding. any other ideas?

Normally this situation might occur if database is out of sync. Couple of things to check.

1. Try to change the CFALL CSS at the line level and reset the phone.

2. Send me the screenshot of the error message.

3. Restart the CCM service on all nodes, starting from publisher.

I agree with Manoj. Also if you have RTMT installed, have a look at your database replication and see if you have 2 as their status.

Thanks,

Farbod

@Manoj Pandey

So apparently none of my phones are registered with CUCM. This is probably one of the first things I am going to have to fix before i press on. How exactly do you register a phone, or better yet, register all my phones at once?

so the problem was, we had our subscriber still running the older version, and the conflict was causing a database error. took the subscriber offline to upgrade and everything registered and popped up perfectly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: