cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DRS Backup "Local Agent is not responding, This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down, No backup device configured"

Anthony Vinod
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

Greetings!!!

One of my client is having issue in taking backup , we have 1 Publisher and 1 Subscriber

Client tried to take backup from Sub and it displays "Local Agent is not responding, This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down, No backup device configured"

Subscriber DRF local is "not running" Publisher DRF Master and local "running"

I logged into Publisher serviceability and under select server when I select Subscriber IP it gives error "connection to server cannot be established(unable to access remote node)"

I can ping both the server viceversa using "utils network ping x.x.x.x"

I have referred below link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-71/111796-cucm-drf.html#backup

and found out few details, Pub OS admin has both the certificates ipsec.pem as well as ipsec-trust.pem, Sub OS admin only has ipsec.pem whereas ipsec-trust.pem is missing.

Pub ipsec.pem and ipsec-trust.pem serial number matches with each other, Sub ipsec.pem serial number doesnot matches with Pub ipsec.pem serial number

I have not done drf service start or restart in any of the server.

My Question is, is this happening because of drf local not running in Sub or should I follow the Link and troubleshoot accordingly

and about DRS backup, do we specifically need to do Backup from Pub only or Sub will also do, or do we need to have both the backup for rebuilding cucm

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Without the agent running, Sub won't be backed up part of the backup job.

But if you aren't able to access Sub serviceability, you need to check if Sub/Pub are working fine in terms of clustering and syncing. Worth checking db sync. 

Hello Guys, Thanks for your reply. sorry for delay.

I will work accordingly and get back to you with output

Hello Guys, Thanks for all your reply

I started the drf local in Sub and restarted drf master/local in Pub, with which everything works fine now.

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

Try below steps as they list, and let us know if they help.

1. Log into OS Administration page
2. Security-> Certificate Management-> find
3. Click on ipsec.pem file and then click on regenerate
4. After the successful generation of the ipsec.pem file, download the same.
5. Go back to the certificate management page
6. Delete the existing corrupted ipsec-trust entry
7. Upload the downloaded ipsec.pem file as a ipsec-trust.
8. Restart Tomcat, DRF Master, and DRF Local on the Publisher
9. Restart the Tomcat and DRF Local on the remaining nodes in the cluster

They are not production impacting.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Anthony,

"Pub ipsec.pem and ipsec-trust.pem serial number matches with each other, Sub ipsec.pem serial number doesnot matches with Pub ipsec.pem serial number"

Sub ipsec.pem serial number need not match the pub. But definitely you need the pub cert as ipsec trust in CUCM. So to solve the issue with accessing sub serviceability page from Pub, you just need to do the following:

- Upload the ipsec.pem cert of Pub as ipsec-trust in sub.

For the backup issue, you need to start the drf local service in sub.

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts