cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dummy question...!!!!!Why CUCM did not see the conf of my voice router??

jesus dedios
Level 1
Level 1

HI guys,

I am  beginner at cisco VOICE, but I have some knowledges, all the CBT nuggets 640-461 done.wink

I am able to configure my router cisco 2811 IOS 15.1 , via CLI , CME and via CCP. I configure , users,dn, dial peers, patterns, etc.. and all is working in my lab. Each change I do via CCP is delivered to the router and if I do a show run I can see it.

The problem come with the CUCM. I installed  ver 8.6, configure properly... My dummy questions are:

why the CUCM did not see the current conf of my router..( gateway) ? When I go to devices- phones, it is  empty. Also for DN´s.. but all this info is in the running conf of the router and phones are UP.

If I add a phone into CUCM this changes are not delivered into the router...why..? that means CUCM can work without a router ?

I am really confused....I think I have a big misunderstanding , I though CUCM is like CCP but more powerfully.

any easy explanation?

thanks for your time

Jesus

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

No, repito, no existe sincronización alguna en ningún sentido.

Sí, CUCM es lo mismo que CME, un call control agent, pero a mayor escala.

Se puede configurar DHCP en CUCM, pero no es común, el TFTP puede ser el mismo server de CUCM.

No tengo idea de que quieras configurar en uno y en otro, es imposible responderte.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Nope, nothing on cisco.com, I'd suggest you to google for that kind  of material, configuring CUCM is not a trivial task and you require a good deal of knowledge to do a proper deployment.

DHCP is basic networking, that's up to you. You usually use a switch or ISR for this.

1 CUCM server is more than enough for what you need. ISR, again, depends on what you need/want.

TFTP delivers the configuration files to phones, FW, etc. Also for ringtones, backgrounds, etc. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmsys/accm-861-cm/a02tftp.html

I'd strongly suggest you to reach a partner for this task.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Completely separate things here, one is CME, the other is CUCM, they can work together, but they don't sync at any level whatsoever. Nothing to be surprised here.

Both call control agents, CCP is a GUI for SMB products and CME.

CUCM is an enterprise call agent, with it's own GUI. It uses ISRs as voice gateways.

HTH

java

Jaime,

entonces los telefonos que se configuran en el CUCM ya no apareceran en el running config del router?

es decir que CUCM es un software que puede funcionar como una central telefonica para llamadas internas ( entre usuarios) y sin un router si no tuviera que hacer llamadas al exterior?

El DHCP, y el TFTP server para dar las IP´s a los cisco phones tb se configura en la maquina que hace de CUCM?

y por ultimo, toda la configuracion que tengo de los telefonos en el router puede coexistir con la configuracion del CUCM o tengo que empezar de cero?

muchas gracias

Jesus

No, repito, no existe sincronización alguna en ningún sentido.

Sí, CUCM es lo mismo que CME, un call control agent, pero a mayor escala.

Se puede configurar DHCP en CUCM, pero no es común, el TFTP puede ser el mismo server de CUCM.

No tengo idea de que quieras configurar en uno y en otro, es imposible responderte.

HTH

java

HI Jaime,

sorry for change the language, I was not aware.... , but you are right. Many thanks for your answers now I start to understand it a little bit better. I was really confused.

Do you have a link for dummy's who explain more or less how to configure it for a basic lab? just use CUCM in an office for 50 users and call outside. Which machines need I install and where, like DHCP server, TFTP server, CUCM, and ISR.

KR

Jesus

pd: by the way, what is the purpose of the TFTP server, I use it to copy flash update for router, or save startup conf. In case of a CUCM scenery  what is the main purpose?

Nope, nothing on cisco.com, I'd suggest you to google for that kind  of material, configuring CUCM is not a trivial task and you require a good deal of knowledge to do a proper deployment.

DHCP is basic networking, that's up to you. You usually use a switch or ISR for this.

1 CUCM server is more than enough for what you need. ISR, again, depends on what you need/want.

TFTP delivers the configuration files to phones, FW, etc. Also for ringtones, backgrounds, etc. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmsys/accm-861-cm/a02tftp.html

I'd strongly suggest you to reach a partner for this task.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

You told me that CUCM is like CME, a call control agent , but more powerfull. and both nothing to do with CCP that deliver the command to the router.

But I realize that also CME deliver the commands to the router, that is more compressible for me. So the question is CUCM did not deliver any phone conf to the router?

Thanks a lot and sorry for this dummy's questions.but I need to clarify myself before continuing.

Jesus

FYI, hay una comunidad de soporte en español, esta esta dedicada a preguntas en ingles para que todos entiendan. Si deseas hacer preguntas en español, usa el drop down de idioma para cambiar de comunidad.

HTH

java