Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller-ID Font Size on Phone

Dustin Peet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All-

I have a client who that is expressing concern about some of the Caller-ID text not displaying on their phones.  I initially thought that it might just be something that the PSTN wasn't sending over, but when I debug q931 I see the name of the caller and their phone number, however on the phone itself, it is only showing about half of the string (the first half).  I thought back to my first job managing a Call Manager system and I remember having a similar issue when the system was first deployed but the consultant working on our setup changed the font size somehow to allow more text to show on the phone's display.  This is exactly what I'm trying to recreate now for this client and I'm looking around and not finding much. So before I called TAC on Monday I thought I would post the question here and see if I someone knew.  Their system is running CUCM 9.1.2 and runs H323 to the router and there is a PRI circuit attached to that.  The phone models vary, but most of them are either 7945s and 7941s.

Any help or insight is much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nope, CUCM has no means to do this. You would need to look into TCL scripting to try to achieve this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as I can remember, no 79XX has any option to change font size.

HTH

java

Hey Jaime.  Thanks for the reply.  The phones that I saw this happen on in my previous position were 89XX, and 99XX models, so you very well could be correct.  Is there any other way to accomplish what the client needs?  For an example, is there a way to start at character 16 of the Call-ID string forgoing the initial 15 characters of "Unknown Caller " and skipping to the phone number?  I appreciate the help.  They just want to see the number of the caller...

Nope, CUCM has no means to do this. You would need to look into TCL scripting to try to achieve this.

HTH

java

Bummer.  Thanks for the help Jaime