cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate .wav after opening with ViewMail for Outlook 8.5.6.40?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

End user is reporting "I received a voicemail which hit both the voicemail system and my email  with the .wav file attached. I used the Viewmail feature from the  Outlook preview pane to listen to the message. A few minutes later I opened the  message in Outlook and noticed the multiple attachments."

Viewmail for Outlook 8.5.6.40

Outlook 2003SP1

Unity Connection 8.5(1)SU2 with Exchange 2007SP1 Single Inbox via EWS

24 Replies 24

^^ false alarm guys. User reported conflict occurred today. Which makes sense since deleting the profile did work, cleaning it shouldn't either.

ayo.monehin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm keen to see how this goes as I'm about to start a pilot with VMO.

Currently running UCxn 8.5 SU2 with Single Inbox.

Do you guys have any update on this issue? No progress on my side. Any news from TAC?

Update:

We have tested the new version of VMO 8.6.4 with Outlook running on 2 machines with same account, cache mode enabled. Sent 20+ messages into that subscriber account to try to duplicate the issue again - so far no duplicates. 

Also we have identified the defect that is causing the duplicates.  Currently there is no fix available and the only option is to disable cache mode.  This one is CSCts37772: Two message showing at OWA /Exchange (VMO side). 

There is a second defect CSCtt30415 that I am also trying to confirm may be related - we need to know from the client if this issue occurs for any users who are not Using VMO?

Followup we've worked with TAC for 2 months and no luck. They are suggesting upgrading to CXN 8.6, but I suspect the second copy is from the BES server processing the mail.

Here are my observations till now since I'm working on the issue for a while already:

1. In both Cisco bugs mentioned above in Jason's post from Dec 14th the description starts with "If Transcription feature is enabled for a user and UCxn", on my UCxN servers "Transcription Service for SpeechView" is NOT enabled...

2. I tried the BES workaround with increasing the ProcessMailDelay reg key first tried 2 minutes then 4 minutes, the number of duplicates decreased but it was still appearing quite often.

3. It will appear ONLY when ViewMail plug-in enabled in Outlook together with cached mode, so no doubt Cisco is involved in the equation. Furthermore it happens ONLY on VoiceMail type messages.

4. I had Microsoft ticket opened - they said it's ViewMail plug-in that isn't really compatible with the Outlook Offline file (.ost)

5. Still waiting to have my own Cisco TAC case, to hear what Cisco will have to say. Microsoft are ready for conference call with them.

8.6 isn't the fix. My customer of 550 users states that they still experience every once in a while. Not enough to warrant escalation. They are running  CUC (8.6.1a) 8.6.1.20000-1-109.

briandillon1
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the same issue on Lotus Notes 8.5.3 running Unity 8.03. Each time a user open the voicemail attachment it spawns a new attachment. If you listen to it 2 times, the user will see 2 addtional attachments. 

Any word of a resolution?

It seems like my issue is resolved after I upgrade to Unity Cxn Version 8.6.2ES26.21022-26. Still testing but this is the impression for now after two days, can't replicate the issue anymore. TAC engineer told me that the fix is to send the message already tagged as voicemessage from Unity, while with previous versions, it was ViewMail that would tag the voicemessage after received in Outlook.

briandillon1
Level 1
Level 1

We found that Symantec Endpoint Protection running locally on the clients was causing the duplicate attachments.  Removing SEP, the problem went away. There are components in SEP that can be disabled so the scanning does not occur in the email clients.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: