cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamically change external phone mask by location

bhorner01
Level 1
Level 1

We have some floating staff between multiple sites in a tri-city metro area, all of which connect to a single CUCM BE (incl Unity) 9.1.2 device (STS VPN). Everything seems to work except we would like to be able to have the wireless 7925 phone that is floating determine the location and change the outgoing mask based on that location...possible? I have begun trying to setup device mobility so I'm adding physical locations, DMs, DMIs, mapping the DPs to the DM's, etc. but I get stuck looking at the roaming part...I don't want to have a generic number for when the phone goes out of home but I don't see an option for how to change the mask appropriately. Do I have to have multiple DNs and somehow have it switch based on location?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Short of using EM and tell him to use the specific profile for each location, the only method we have to change phone settings based on where they are, is device mobility.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

But is it possible using Device Mobility to somehow change the external phone mask? I think going the EM route would require creating different DNs at each location where this person would float and tie them all back to him and his voicemail and then require him to change it on the wireless phone each time he switches locations...sounds like it might just not be possible.