cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ear phone jack stops working when IP Softphone is running

jason.williams
Level 1
Level 1

So I just installed the IP Softphone on my computer.  Normally I'll listen to music while working.  When I start the softphone, the sound then comes out of the speakers instead of the earphones.  Once I close the softphone, then it works correctly again.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you using a USB headset for the IPC? This is a Windows problem, not an IPC issue. For example, I just did a test. Let's say you have a USB headset and IPC running, the audio will go out through the headset unless you manually change this by going to the Control Panel--> Sound--> Select Speakers as Default and then the sound will go through the speakers and if you connect your headphones they'll work.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you using a USB headset for the IPC? This is a Windows problem, not an IPC issue. For example, I just did a test. Let's say you have a USB headset and IPC running, the audio will go out through the headset unless you manually change this by going to the Control Panel--> Sound--> Select Speakers as Default and then the sound will go through the speakers and if you connect your headphones they'll work.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I guess that's my problem then.  I am using a USB headset for the IPC.

I'll play around with the Windows settings.

Thanks.