Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EMCC call routing between cluster

Hi All,

I've a doubt regarding the call routing between two cluter configured with EMCC.

In EMCC it is a must to configure a SIP TRUNK type EMCC.

Suppose that the two cluster (A and B) don't have any trunk configured apart from the SIP TRUNK type EMCC.

If I want to call from cluster A to cluster B  (here I'm not using Extension Mobility)

-1) do I have to configure a new route pattern on A that point to B via the SIP TRUNK type EMCC?

or

- 2) phone registered on A just call phone registered on B using SIP TRUNK type EMCC without the need of new route pattern?

or

- 3) I need to create a second SIP trunk just for routing the call between the two cluster and add the right route patterns?

I think the number 3 is the correct answer but thath is my doubt.

Thanks guys!!

E

6 Replies 6

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Emanuele

You are absolutely correct. If you have not configured EMCC or not using EMCC (logging in) and only EMCC SIP trunk is configured or created between two clusters :

You will have to create a new SIP/InterCluster Trunk if you want to enable calling between the two clusters. There are 2 primary reasons as to why you cannot use an EMCC SIP trunk for the normal calling :

1. In the EMCC trunk you do not get the option to define destination End point address

2. You donot get the option to call EMCC SIP trunk under route patterns.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Thanks Aditya!

It is quite clear. I just need to add an info.

Just to be sure....EMCC is configured and EMCC logging in coud be in place or not.

So in this two conditions:

- I can call from cluster A to B without EMCC loggin in

and/or

- I can call from  a phone EMCC "logged in" that is visiting cluter B to a phone in cluster B not logged in.

in Both case to correctly route the calls I always need two trunk between cluster A and B

one for EMCC and one for normal routing call between the two cluster. Could you confirm it?

I think this because EMCC need a particular EMCC trunk to pass the device profile from hom to visiting cluster phone

but also for emergency call (911, 112)

The other normal SIP trunk (not type  EMCC) instead is in place for jus routing of the calls.

it is correct.

Thanks a lot for the support!!!

Regards

E

Hi Emanuele.

Yes you're correct!

As Aditya mentioned (+5 A) EMCC Trunk is not used for call routing, and a Sip Trunk between clusters is needed to let local extensions to call between them even if user is logged in on a visiting cluster Phone.

Keep in mind that call routing decision for visiting phone, is made by Home cluster checking the following parameters:

1) Adjunct CSS in roaming device profile (mainly used to route emergency calls)

2) Line CSS

3) EMCC Css (as device CSS)

A tipical call flow a visiting phone and and a visiting cluster registered ip phone is:

Assume 1000 is the visiting phone extension (defined in device profile) and 2000 is the pone registered on Visiting cluster.

1000 calls 2000

DP_1000 --->> Home Cluster ---->> InterCluster Sip Trunk --->> IPPHone_2000

The RTP path is  routed locally.

The attached DOC is a well done explanation on how EMCC works.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks Carlo!

Very clear!

E

What about the other way round? If we already have ICT trunkls in place for intercluster routing do we still still to configure additional SIP trunks for EMCC routin? If yes, it would be helpful to explain in detail.

Hi, 

As explained in previous post, you still need ICT to communicate between clusters as the phone remains on his cluster.

The call routing is always made by home cluster.

Let's say that you 2 clusters CL1 and CL2 and your phone is normally registered on CL1:

If you roam your IP Phone to CL2 and you place a call to  a local Phone, the path would be: IP-Phone --->CL1 -->CL2 

EMCC trunk is a Service trunk that is used by clusters to exchange info about roaming clients configuration

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"