cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Telcom remote call forwarding using *72

brunellej
Level 1
Level 1

I maybe over thinking this task, but what's the best way to implement call forwarding on a FXO based pots line?   

The gateway is MGCP controllered,  I have Route Lists that contain the individual lines.

I was hoping to have a route pattern like *7711* to enable and *7710* to disable. 

Hints would be helpful.

John

5 Replies 5

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Easy solution would be to go off hook on the fxo port and dial the telco call forwarding feature.

Our telco call forwarding feature is *72, which I see you referenced in your heading.

*73 to disable call forwarding.

Am I misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish?

Charles,

That's what I am attempting to do.   I guess I just not 100% on how to accomplish sending the digit string once the line is selected.

I need to experiment a little more.

John

Hi John,

I would want to check with the Telco and ask them what is the CFWD sequence and then, configured a RP and handle it.

However it is important to know how the Telco does the CFWD

Regards

So here is where I am at.. I have all the routing working now.   But my telco provides what they call a reminder ring; which seems to be causing the CUCM to seize the line and the call forward turns into a conference call.

Is there anyway to suppress the so CUCM doesn't answer the call on the POTS line?

Hey brunellej,

Wilson is correct.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking it through, when I read your original post.

Have you created a route pattern 9.*72 and 9.*73 or what ever is the cfw feature code?

If it's not working you can use Dialed number analyzer to troubleshoot, if you are still having trouble using the cfw feature.

If you are not sure if the call is getting to the pots line, you can connect a telephone butt set to the pots line to monitor the call, if you have one.

To verify if the cfw feature is working on the pots line, connect the telephone butt set or telephone to the pots line and activate the cfw feature.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: