cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exten Mobil login authen failure

markhayek
Level 1
Level 1

Exten is setup using device profiles on serveral clusters and working.  This one user has 2 IP phoens, both on the same Cluster, 1 is on SUb node 1, and another is on Sub node 4 of same cluster.   He is not able to login to EM from a remote phone.  Is there a conflict with having 2 phoens on the same ccluster associated to this user which is refusing to let EM login ?  

Example:

User has two DN at different sites in the same cluster. Wants to log in his first extension number 804-787-8212 to his other extension number 804-727-3422 through extension mobility.

1. 804.787.8212   CL 2 - (we have configured EM to this ext)

2. 804.727.3422   CL 2

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No there's no restriction there that would cause it.  When you say that they cannot login to a phone using EM, do they get any type of error, what is the user experience?

authentication error. But the EM traces shows the authen is ok.

I just tested and confirmed that if I have two phones with my owner user ID set to the same user, they can still login to EM fine.  Could you upload the phone console logs from the phone when you get that error please?  Also waht CUCM version and phone firmware?

it is resolved.  I discovered that his 2nd phone was not associated to his username. The 1st phone was, but the second one was not.  since associated the device to his user, the EM logs in.  So the EM is dependent on associating the user with the device he wants to log into.

with extension mobilty you do not need to have the physical phone to be controled by the used only the device profile UDP as to be controled by that user to login !