cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 Personal Directory Backup?

Ven Taylor
Level 4
Level 4

We have many users that are configuring personal directories on their phones.  just a list of numbers they regularly call.

Is there a way to back these numbers up to a server so that, in the event we have to trade out their phone, that the personal directory can be recovered?

btw... We're not using a Corporate Directory.

Thanks!

Ven

Ven Taylor
4 Replies 4

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The personal directory is saved in the call manager's database and correlated with the username.  Just as you can login to the CCMUser page and update your personal directory, should the user change phones they can login their personal address book on another phone and retrieve their contacts.  This way a CUCM backup would save the contacts for you automatically.  You can see that there is a personaladdressbook table in the database with "run sql select * from personaladdressbook".

What if there are no associated usernames?  We just configured the phones, but did not associate users to the phones because the phones are used by groups of people.

Thanks!

Ven

Ven Taylor

How do the users access the personal directory, from Directories > Personal Directory?  I always see a login screen after selecting that, unless you have a custom service that is pointing somewhere else.

My question has been kinda derailed.  I found out they're not using personal directory, but phone book.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Ven

Ven Taylor