cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension not ringing in hunt group

computer
Level 1
Level 1

Callmanager 8 environment (2 subs, 1 pub). There are four extensions in a hunt group and one of them stopped ringing today when you dial the hunt pilot. No recent changes to CUCM were made prior to this occurring.

I have tried the following:

1) Removed the extension from line group, reset hunt list, added it back to the hunt list and reset hunt list again.

2) Had the user unplug his phone and plug it back in to force a restart.

3) Remote-reset the phone from CUCM
4) Deleted the hunt pilot, list, and line group and rebuilt them then reset the hunt list

5) Deleted the phone from CUCM and reprogrammed it then reset the hunt list

6) Replaced the phone with a brand new phone and reset the hunt list

I can direct dial the phone extension and if someone forwards their phone to this extension it rings as well. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

18 Replies 18

The RNA time was set to 25 seconds and I have changed it to 10 seconds so we will see if that makes a difference.

There are two line groups with four extensions. The phones are 2-line phones so Line Group 1 includes Line 1 of each phone and Line Group 2 includes Line 2.

NA, Busy, Not Available on the Line 1 Group are set to "Try next Member, then try next Group"

NA, Busy, Not Available on the Line 2 Group are set to "Stop Hunting"

Thanks
Matt

All,

I just got confirmation that the hunt group is now working. Although I cannot say for sure which changes actually fixed the problem it was some combination of the following:

1) Removed unassociated Line 5 instance of the extension (found in Route Plan Report)

2) Restarted all 3 CUCM servers (per recommendation from a Cisco contractor we worked with last night)

3) Changed RNA settings from 25 to 10 seconds

4) Disabled forwarding of 2 other extensions in the line group

5) Unchecked the "logged into hunt group" box, reset the phone, applied the setting again, reset the phone again

Thank you for everyone's help, much appreciated.

Matt

Glad to know you fixed it!

Thanks for the update +5P

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

AT-|
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same issue.

However, "Logged Into Hunt Group" was already ticked, ticking and unticking as well as Resetting and Restarting the device (CSF) didn't produce any effect. Also, hunt pilot, list, and line group had nothing to do with it in my case. 

What worked for me, in the end, was Removing all the Associated Devices: BOT, CSF and so on as well as Removing the extension from the "Call Routing>Directory Number". I've recreated the devices, re-added the extension to the hunt list and presto. Call routing may have been the issue all along but I didn't test that.

Thanks