Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External calls are taking 15 seconds

External calls are taking 15 seconds

Client is complaining that the external calls are taking 15 seconds. External calls pass through a router with a e1 and also links voip pass the asterisk. Any solution for this?

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd start by looking for overlapping in your dial plan, I'm assuming this is CUCM as you don't to mention what system you're asking about.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

The default interdigit timeout is 15 seconds, which means there is an overlapping in your dial plan, and CUCM needs to wait those 15 seconds before making a choice to route the call.

Change the IDT timer to something else, if now you only have to wait for that X number of seconds before placing a call, then it's sure it's an overlapping dial plan, the only real fix, is to adjust your dial plan to avoid that from happening.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd start by looking for overlapping in your dial plan, I'm assuming this is CUCM as you don't to mention what system you're asking about.

HTH

java

Good afternoon Jaime,

I did not understand your answer. What system that?
Because remake the dial plan?

The version of CallManager is 9.1.2. The gateway is a router with an e1 board. The calls continue to work, but it takes 15 seconds to start the calls.

I need solutions to this.

Thanks

The default interdigit timeout is 15 seconds, which means there is an overlapping in your dial plan, and CUCM needs to wait those 15 seconds before making a choice to route the call.

Change the IDT timer to something else, if now you only have to wait for that X number of seconds before placing a call, then it's sure it's an overlapping dial plan, the only real fix, is to adjust your dial plan to avoid that from happening.

HTH

java