Views
Helpful
Replies

FAC and CMC Endpoint Does Not Support KPML

David Burkee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to still utilize Forced Authorization Codes and/or Client Matter Codes if the endpoint does not support KPML.  I've noticed on some traces of outbound calls, that our endpoint is receiving a KPML Subscription request when part of a route pattern that has these enabled.  Since the endpoint does not support KPML, this request is rejected and the call cannot be completed.

Our workaround is to create another route pattern that does not have these enabled; however, when using CMCs to track billing, or other customer interactions, this is not an option.

Any thoughts, or will these endpoints just not be able to participate in those functions.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The fundamental difference between KPML and RFC2833 is that CUCM "sees" the former while the later is part of the RTP media stream that is sent directly to the called party.

You can try setting MTP Required on the endpoint that doesn't support KPML to see if the MTP will interwork between the two when CUCM dodd a KPML subscription. I haven't tried this specifically for FAC/CMC. You would need an IOS software MTP for this as the IPVMSA MTP on CUCM itself doesn't support DTMF interworking. If this works be careful to size your MTPs correctly - they consume router CPU - and place/configure them close to the endpoint to avoid an ineffecient RTP traffic path.