cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force External Call Ringtone

thompsonr123
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up an Auto Attendant/IVR in unity connection. Selecting one of the options transfers the call to a hunt group in cucm v 7 and rings on end user's phones. When external callers ring into the AA/IVR and they select an option which sends the call to a hunt group, the caller ID showing on the phones is the correct caller ID of the external caller, but the phones ring with the internal call ringtone. I would like it to ring as an external call and therefore with the external call ringtone.

Is there a way to force the calls coming from the AA/IVR into the hunt groups to ring with the external call ringtone?

Any advice is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Calls transferred from Unity to CUCM by default is considered onnet.  This is why you do not get the difference in the distinctive ring.  This is especially the case for SCCP integrations.  Unfortunately, the only way I can think of doing this is by doing a SIP integration to Unity and setting the trunk to offnet.  This should emulate an outside call and give you distinctive ring that you are looking for when calls come from Unity to CUCM..

Of course there might be some others with great suggestions..

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Calls transferred from Unity to CUCM by default is considered onnet.  This is why you do not get the difference in the distinctive ring.  This is especially the case for SCCP integrations.  Unfortunately, the only way I can think of doing this is by doing a SIP integration to Unity and setting the trunk to offnet.  This should emulate an outside call and give you distinctive ring that you are looking for when calls come from Unity to CUCM..

Of course there might be some others with great suggestions..