cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarded calls only ring destination ext. one time...

r_deel
Level 1
Level 1

I am forwarding an extension to another extension.  The number that is being forwarded is also a DID number.  When the call is forwarded, the destination extension only rings one time before going straight to voice mail.  How can I extend the number of rings on the destination phone for forwarded calls?  I must add that the ring duration on both extensions is set to 20 seconds. 

2 Replies 2

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I guess its CUCM...Please check "Forward No Answer Timeout" service parameter in CUCM, keep it as default (12 sec) and check, for more info pls check below link.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/12447-forward-no-answer-timeout.html

Suresh

Yes, it is CUCM.  The "Forward No Answer Timeout" is set to the default of 12.  Phone A is forwarding immediately to Phone B, which is what I want. I just want Phone B to ring more than one time before going to voicemail. Phone B rings for 20 seconds when dialed directly but when calls are forwarded to Phone B, there is only one ring before going to voicemail.