Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO shared with Fax POTS line for 911 backup calls

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have a three site campus that consists of one PRI for incoming and outgoing calls demarced at our main site. Two campuses share this PRI over fiber back to our CUCM 8.6 call server at the PRI site. These same two campuses have each a Cisco 2911 and one "out of band" POTS lines that are used for faxing( they are not part of the PRI)

I would like to take advantage of the POTS lines to have a back-up 911 for calls at each site if the PRI goes down and still use the Fax lines work as normal at least until a failure of the PRI. The POTS lines come into each site via a 66 block which I have crossed connected into our FXO port. I have tested incoming calls and I hit the fax machine correctly ( I had to force the FXO port to "ring number 10" to give the fax machine enough time to pick up)

However, when I call out, I created a route patten of my cell phone that points to a Route List to the FXO port, when I call it rings but, not to my cell phone but somehow rings back to our main office. I'm wondering if I should remove the attending DN all together.

Would this be the suggested way to do this? I'm wondering if I'm making this more complicated than I need.

Thanks,

Dan           

0 Replies 0