Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO with CUCM

kashif2401
Level 1
Level 1

hi everybody, I am new in voice field

My company has around 25 users, and they have 2FXO ports in CME, now they want to migrate from CME to CUCM,  so i want to know how to configure FXO ports for CUCM.. please explain this to me

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That depends on the protocol you have chosen, I'd strongly recommend you to engage a reputable Cisco partner to do all this if you have no experience, configuring correctly a CUCM, for any number of users, is something that needs to be done by an experienced engineer.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yes i understand your point, but i want to give it a try,

so can you just guide me through with it,  Just whats the basic things i should keep in mind.

Then you'll need to do your due diligence and also study/research if you're going to do this

You'll need to choose between MGCP and H.323 for FXO, you'll need to research the protocols, and then choose which one you want to use.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

CUCM is overkill for 25 users but I guess they have their reasons for wanting it over CME.

To answer your question, you would need to reuse your CME device as a CUBE and create a link between this and the new CUCM server.

The link between them could be one of several protocols and there are advantages and disadvantages to each.

As Jamie has already said, migrating from CME to CUCM is quite a learning curve for someone with a basic level of voice and without help from someone who has experience with a migration like this, you could find yourself spending days trying to make things work. 

yes i understand your point, but i want to give it a try,

so can you just guide me through with it,  Just whats the basic things i should keep in mind.

and by several protocols, what are those protocols?

and yes its CUCM is too much for these many users, they might take BE6000S

please help me through this