Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS DID- Dialing without a 9

tmcgrath24
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

So I am a new to Cisco CUCM and Phones in general are not my forte.

We have an analog line going into an FXS/DID card on a 2911 GW. This line needs to dial out without a prefix (No-Nine) I have created a Route Pattern for specic numbers that need to be dialed, I have created a "No-Nine" PT and a "No-Nine" CSS.  Within Cucm, under devics - gateways I configure a POTs line under the card.  I added a DN (which is part of our DID list) the DN is part of the No-NIne partiion and the No-Nine-CSS. Under Gateway config I have the No-Nince CSS  configured.  When I dial out from the line I get a busy signal when not using a 9. If I had the Gateway to my Phone CSS (all phones are setup in this CSS) I can dial out with using 9.  Any help would be appreciated on what I am missing.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Use DNA in CUCM to trace the call using Nonine css and see if the call
leaves cucm

https://cucm-ip/dna (if not working you need to activate DNA service)

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

is this a H323 gateway? sip? sccp? mgcp?

if its h323 or sip, debug dial peer and see if the correct one gets macthed, in and outbound

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

thank you for the replies. 

I ran the DNA on the DN with the CSS as No-Nine. The end result is that it can dial out. However, when I go down to the GW and plug my Butt set in, and dial an outside number with out a nine, I get a busy signal. If I dial the 9 it goes through.  When I use the DNA the dialed number is the number without a 9