Views
Helpful
Replies

globalization and localization on cucm 9.0

Mk23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can somebody tell me how to localize a no. if call is coming from national no. using calling party transformation pattern.

Call flow:-

My national no. is 04554558000 (On PSTN)----->+1 and strip digit= 1(Globalization on MGCP gateway on cucm).Now can somebody tell me how to localize a no. so that on IP Phone it displays calling no. without "+" sign.but in missed it will show me +14554558000 so that i can call back on that no                        

Thanx.

13 Replies 13

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Monica,

You would like to see at below parameter available on Device page. Use Calling Party Transformation CSS and set it under below parameter to localize the calling number. Missed call logs will either display the original number or Globalize number (if Calling CSS applied at gateway level).

Thanks Vivek 

I have created the Calling Party Transformation CSS and selected in device page also i have created Calling Party Transformation pattern. its globalizing the no but not localizing without + sign.

can you help me with transformation pattern configuration?

Can you please provide following information;

1. Protocol used in between CUCM and gateway

2. Actual CLI received by gateway

3. While globalizing, what is the output you are expecting

4. While localizing, what is the output you are expecting

PSTN no national no:04554558000.

cucm--->MGCP gateway--->PSTN

Actual CLI received by gateway is 04554558000

Globalization:+104554558000

Localization: Display:  04554558000

missed:  +104554558000

using cucm 9.0.1

1. On gateway, globalize it by using relevant Calling Party Transformation Mask. For example,

Pattern: 04XXXXXXXXX

Prefix Digit: +1

Please note that if your MGCP is controlling digital trunk, you need to set CSS on gateway as per desired number type viz national, subscriber etc. Also don't forget to disable the Device Pool CSS.

At this point of time, if you don't localize the CLI, phone should see the CLI as +104XXXXXXXXX in both missed logs and while ringing state.

2. To localize, create new partition and CSS.

Configure Calling Party Transformation Mask as follows;

Pattern: \+1.!

Discard Digits: PreDot

Now apply this partition to newly created CSS and apply this CSS on Device Page under Remote Number CSS. Don't forget to disable Device Pool CSS.

Doing so, you should have expected results.

i did the same thing but still not working and on Device page im not able to find  Remote Number CSS".

Monica,

It's is "Calling Party Transformation CSS".

After you have created the Calling party transformation css, with what Vivek suggested and apply the CSS on the phone page. You should see the following:

Display:  04554558000

Missed:  +104554558000

For you to use the remote number to localize the call you need to set the service parameter in cucm..(advanced setting)

Apply Transformations On Remote Number: True

On the remote number field on the device page, select the calling party xformation CSS you have created earlier to localiz the call..

eg \+1.!, strip predot..

Please rate all useful posts

Hello,

Under service parameter ->Advance settings there is no option like Apply Transformations On Remote Number: True.

Hi Ayodeji,

If I'm not wrong, 'Apply Transformations On Remote Number' service parameter controls only connected number during outgoing call.

To localize the number during incoming call, respective Service Parameter has no impact on Remote Number CSS.

Following is an excerpt of Remote Number CSS;

From the drop-down list box, choose the calling search space (CSS) that contains the calling party transformation pattern that you want to apply on the remote calling number for calls received on this phone. Cisco Unified CM transforms the remote calling number using the digit transformations configured on the matching calling party transformation pattern before presenting it to this device. For example, a transformation pattern can change remote number in E.164 format to a localized version.

This setting can be used to transform the remote connected number for direct calls initiated from this phone. This setting can also be used to transform remote connected number post feature invocation irrespective of the direction of the call. The transformation of a remote connected number is controlled using the service parameter “Apply Transformations On Remote Number” (present under advanced section of Cisco Call Manager service). Refer to this parameter description for more details.

Can you please share the screenshot of Device page (Number Presentation Transformation)?

Please see attached file.

So you need to set Call Routing Information -> Inbound Calls -> Calling Party Transformation CSS.

Also note the following;

Note The calling party number stored in the missed and received calls directories of Type-B phones is left in its globalized form to allow one-touch dialing from the directories without requiring manual editing of the directory's stored number string. The calling party number stored in the missed and received calls directories of Type-A phones is the transformed calling party number. For Type-A phones, the transformed calling party number needs to be in the form of a supported dialing habit to make sure the user can call back from the missed and received calls directory. This behavior permits implementation of globalized dial plans even with older Type-A phones present in the network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: