cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H.323 Gateway Behavior after dynamically changing a voip interface IP address with connection to CUCM

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

For a test I'm doing with using 4G as a transport, I have a H.323 voice Gateway with the loopback set up as my voip interface. There is currently no definition for this gateway in CUCM.

interface Loopback0
 ip address 10.4.244.1 255.255.255.128
 h323-gateway voip interface
 h323-gateway voip h323-id C2921-TestRouter-HQ
 h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.4.244.1

If I change the ip of the loopback to another IP address that does have a working gateway definition in CUCM

interface Loopback0
 ip address 10.4.2.1 255.255.255.128
 h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.4.2.1

...I could not get this to communicate with the Call Mgr. I also tried to reset the CUCM RouteList and Gateway.

Assuming I didn't have any IP conflicts, dial-peers are correct, etc......My question is should the router be rebooted when you make an IP change regarding binding of the h323-gateway voip interface or should everything work after the IP address change without a reboot?

The code is 154-3.M1 on a 2921 router.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Israel Ramos
Level 4
Level 4

Reboot should not be neccesary

After changing the ip address, did you try pinging the CUCM sourcing the ping from loopback 0 to make sure there isn't a routing issue?

If that is successful

you can try restarting h323 (this will drop active calls)

voice service voip
h323
shutdown

no shutdown

Thanks, Israel. I verified connectivity with pings, etc. The IP phones behind the router were also able to communicate with CUCM with no problem. I did some voip debugs showing the dialpeers matched. The problem is that the IP phones could not use the POTS lines used for eternal trunks, and inbound calls didn't work. I verified with CSIM that the trunks were working and I could see calls coming in.

Bouncing the services is probably the right answer. During my testing, I didn't have time for a full router reboot. I'll see if I can recreate the issue and bounce the service. Thanks for the suggestion.

voice service voip
h323
shutdown

no shutdown