cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Handset speaker not working

mzimmerman004
Level 1
Level 1

I have had our 7965 and 7945 phones installed around 2009 and over the last 2-3 years we continue to have the handsets speaker portion die.  It had always been during the summer when school was not in session and I blamed the custodians for dropping the handset while deep cleaning the classroom.  During that process they moved everything out of the room and put it all back together.  I assumed they dropped some of them and broke the speaker as we would get a number of emails from staff saying they can't hear people on the phone.  Now this week I had a staff member leave for about a two week vacation and when they returned their handset speaker doesn't work.  Is anyone else having this issue and is there any fix for it.  I'm going to say we have had about 25 phones out of 190 fail so far.

1 Reply 1

lisacoody
Level 1
Level 1

I've had to replace quite a few handsets too (7942 and 7962 phones). Did you ever find a solution to the problem? It's not a hook switch problem because as soon as I replace the handset, the phone works.