Views
Helpful
Replies

Having 2 challenges with an otherwise working 2821 CME config

glennbarnas
Level 1
Level 1
Greetings everyone!
Just to set expectations, I've been "dabbling" with my Cisco CME system at home for some 12 years. I'd consider myself just above noob level, but definitely comfortable with Cisco IOS commands, having been in IT systems engineering for some 40+ years.
I have a working configuration - SIP trunk with 2 DIDs, paging, intercom, 8 extensions, CUE voicemail, and mobility. I have two things that currently have me stumped and am looking for some guidance.
First - simple - I have an analog DoorPhone with the following configuration:
! DoorPhone port - auto-ringdown to ext 120
voice-port 1/0/0
 station-id name DoorPhone
 station-id number 121
 connection plar 120
 timeouts ringing 30
Dial-peer voice 121 pots
 destination-pattern 121
 port 1/0/0
! Extension 120 is what the doorphone rings
ephone-dn  20
 number 120 no-reg
 label Doorphone
 description Ext 120
 name Doorphone
!
! Extension 121 is the actual doorphone extension device
ephone-dn  21
 number 121 no-reg
 label DoorphoneDev
 description Ext 121
 name DoorphoneDev
Push the doorphone button and it rings all defined extensions that have dn20 assigned to a button. Problem is - it rings, and rings, and rings..
How do I make it terminate the call after 30 seconds of no answer? The "timeouts ringing 30" doesn't seem to have any effect.
Second - more complex - is connecting to my IP PBX at work.. I have my home 7975 and an SPA942 work phone on my desk at home. Can I configure my CME system to register as my extension at work and present that to my 7975 on one of the buttons? Any examples of doing this would be greatly appreciated. I'm wondering what's the proper way to authenticate with and register to a second provider, or am I thinking about that the wrong way?
Thanks!
2 Replies 2

Hi,

For the 1st one, did you try to use ground start instead of loop start. I
am not getting the 2nd question. Are you trying to integrate your CME with
IP PBX? If yes, you can use H323 or SIP depending on what is supported on
your IP PBX. Otherwise, appreciate if you can clarify.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Thanks Mohammed - I will try ground-start and see if that helps on the PLAR extension.

The second question - We have an Altigen IP PBX at work. I have a SIP phone on my desk that connects to my extension on that system. I wanted to know if my CME system could register to the Altigen as my extension and present it on my home phone on a spare button. If that's possible, I assume I would need to create an alternate dial-plan in my system to - say - prefix those office extensions with "6" - a digit not used to lead in on either system and use translation profiles to strip that digit on connection to the PBX. At this point, I'm not sure how to even register/authenticate to the second provider without messing up my primary SIP trunk provider. The discussions and examples I've seen all show a single auth to primary and backup registrations of the same provider, which is not what I'd want in this case.

This config is a bit beyond my CME experience. If it's possible to do this, the right concepts and terms would help me figure it out.