Views
Helpful
Replies

Holiday schedule on CUC 10.5.2.11900-3

aleksa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

have an issue, customer would like to automate recorded greetings, time based.

For instance, depending if it's ordinary day business hours, afterhours or weekend, or public holiday, they would like to play one of the three greetings.

CUC and CUCM are version 10.5.2.11900-3

Currently there is one hunt pilot on CUCM and one system call handler on CUC that do the job, but support told me I'd have to make manual intervention, switching greetings on and off before and after public holiday...

This doesn't seem right, I would expect I could use the schedule and holiday concepts in CUC?

I'd think I should be able to configure public holidays in a schedule and get greetings to play based on the time against the schedule?

Anyone had experience setting these up?

Thanks!

Alex

3 Replies 3

Hi Alex,

This is pretty straight forward. In CUC, if you navigate to holidays you can create your 2017 holidays (for example). Next you need to assign your holidays to a schedule which needs to be assigned to your system call handler. 

You can either leave the default greeting or in your system call handler navigate to Edit > Greetings > holiday and record new one

Hi Mohammed,

thanks,

I assume it would be "one schedule to one system call handler" sort of mapping?

If I wanted automated "switchover" from "Sunday" to "Weekday", but also automated "switchover" from "weekday" to "public holiday", do you think I may need 3 system call handlers? And three schedules?

Cheers!

Alex

Within the schedule you can assign configured holiday. Holiday is basically a configured map or template which maps all public holiday during the year which you configure manually.

You can configure holidays in CUC (I think two or three tabs below schedule).

Once you assign holiday to schedule the switchover from weekday to public holiday (for example takes place) automatically. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: