cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i achieve call barring on CUCM after working hours

macdonaldmauye
Level 1
Level 1

well i have been trying to block certain extension for them not to be able to make outside calls after business hours.

but i cant seem to be able to activate /configure it in cucm whereas if its cme i can do it.

is there any way in which i can activate outbound placement of calls on the after hours? on CUCM

7 Replies 7

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You can acheive this by using Timed Partitions.  Timed Partitions are inserted into CSS's in the configured order at the relevant times of day.  The below document explains this in more detail it is pretty much the same for whichever CUCM version you have.  It's just a matter of adding Translation Patterns or Directory numbers to particular partitions and adding Time Schedules to those partitions.  It depends on what you want to do with calls that come in to Call manager Out of Hours.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b03tisch.html

Thanks

Rob

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry, after re-reading your original post I see that you are trying to block people making external calls after hours.  You can acheive this in the same way but in order to stop outside calls you would add a Route Pattern which matches your external PSTN route pattern to it's own OOH Partition and apply a Time Schedule to that partition, the only difference being to Block the Route Pattern.

You then add the Timed OOH Partition to the phones Device CSS at a higher position to the regular PSTN Route Pattern.  Out of hours the OOH Partition will become active and be positioned higher than the In hours Partition and block the call.

Thanks

Rob

well i don't know where i am going wrong but i have configured 2 time periods oh from 06:00-10:00 and ooh1,ooh2 from 10:00-24:00 and 00:00-06:00 respectively as in attached image below

ooh configthen i configured the time schedule as call control and added oh,ooh1 and ooh2 as in images attached. followed by partition as BAH with time zone on device originating.

Then configured CSS adding my BAH partition in it. I then went on to create a second PSTN route and associated it with BAH partition thus i now had 2 same routed but one without any partition. I then associated the DN number with the BAH partition.

Unfortunately after all this i then tested on the 1102 extension and the call seems not to be getting barred but instead are getting through. Where may i have gone wrong.

Hi,

The phones Line Partition needs to be in the same partition as every other phone.  The BAH Partition needs to be in the Device CSS above the partition that contains the currently allowed Route Pattern.

I also notice that from the Screenshot c.dnpartition.png that your OOH Route Pattern is set to allowed, you will need to set this to Block this Pattern.

For testing purposes it would be best to use your own mobile as a specific Route Pattern.  You may also want to create an exact copy fo the current Device CSS and change the order of the partitions around until you get it right, just so it doesn't affect all phones.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rob

have managed to configure the other parts but from

The phones Line Partition needs to be in the same partition as every other phone: i couldn't locate any other partition in my system accept what i created and the other one named Directory URI but with no time schedules assigned to it.

The BAH Partition needs to be in the Device CSS above the partition that contains the currently allowed Route Pattern : where can i find the device CSS because i can only find the CSS i have created.

i greatly appreciate your help.

well after going around im stuck here not sure which tab should i enable css from the captions i attached for my extension.

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So Robert correctly mentioned you will have to apply schedule to the "Route partition" and then apply the "Route partition" to the "Pattern" which routes the call. In your case it could also be "Route Pattern" if you want to block outside call. Below is an example on "Time of the day" (TOD) Routing 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/54501/how-configure-time-day-routing-communications-manager

(Rate if it help)

JB