cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I setup IP Phones physical connection via switch and router, to assign IP Phones to CUCM?

adsuther1
Level 1
Level 1

How do I setup IP Phones physical connection via switch and router, to assign IP Phones to CUCM?

I currently have a CME configuration with two IP Phone assigned and working; I can make calls successfully.

But now I want to delete the IP Phones off the CME and assigned them to the CUCM; I have a CUME via VMware configuration. How do I do this?

How do I physically connect IP phones to Switch and Router so I can assign IP Phones  to the CUCM via GUI?

NOTE: once I get the physical connection setup I can go into the CUCM GUI and make the Software connection.

Do I delete the configuration setup for the CME? Or can I use the CME configuration to setup the physical IP Phones  connection to the CUCM?

NEED HELP!!!

Anthony

ADS
3 Replies 3

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anthony,

You will need to change the TFTP setting on the phone to point to your VMWARE instance of CUCM. Specifically the IP Address of the CUCM running the TFTP Service.  You can do this via the phone directly in the network settings.  You can also change the option 150 on your DHCP settings to point toward CUCM.   Once this is done you can go into the CUCM GUI, set up your phones and they should register.

Let me know if this helps.   -Dennis

Dennis,

thanks for your reply. Yes I tried pointing the 150 option to my CUCM SUB, but nothing happen.

I think I have a networking issue: My Dell server(192.168.15.x) and my VM(s) that are on the Dell server are not communicating with my Cisco Voip router; where my Voice, data, vlans are located via my Cisco Switch.

I need to figure out how to configure a vlan on the Dell Server and and use it NIC to cable to my cisco switch. I built a Router on a Stick to use for all my switch vlans(data, voice, mgmt. vlan1) to communicate;

Don't understand how to configure the Dell Server which is a 1950 dell server with 6 VM(s); I believe these VM(s) are virtually connected to a Virtual switch; So I need to figure out how to get connection to the Virtual switch to my physical switch with my voice, data and mgmt vlans.

Any Ideas????

ADS

Thanks Dennis,

These words were very helpful for me and they solved my problem.

• Specifically the IP Address of the CUCM running the TFTP Service. 
  • You can also change the option 150

Thanks alot.