cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable certain IP phones to ring during incoming main line calls

Belnetsolutions
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, simple question I'm sure; however we are having issues figuring out how to enable certain individual Cisco IP phones to ring, for incoming calls.  The way we have these phones in question setup is, only the main line group is assigned to them.  However, whenever a call to the incoming main line comes in, the IP phones blink and indicate a call is coming through, but the phone itself never rings.  We have the ring volume up and other phones with the main line also assigned to them rings however.

My question is whether or not there is a simple setting in CUCM that allows us to turn the ringer on and off, for incoming calls of these individual IP phones? We are using Cisco System version: 7.1.3.20000-2.  Thanks in advance for any help.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, go to that particular phone, click on the line and look at:

Required Field

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply Jaime.

I actually just noticed something weird and not sure if there's a setting to change it.  When I pull up another 2 line user phone (7960) in CUCM, I see the Ring Setting options availalable.  However, when I bring up one of the single 1 line common phones (7905), that same Ring Setting option is not available.  It seems like the 7905 is missing a number of options under the Line settings for some reason.

I have to assume there is a reason why the single line 7905 phone does not have these options available, while the 2 line 7960's do.  Do you happen to know if I can enable the same settings so I can change the Ring Setting for the 7905 in CUCM?

Thanks again