cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to login UCCX application ie web gui using CUCM application user

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

how can we login with same application user of cucm to UCCX login.

Today one of our client want to create a second UCCX web gui administrator. he created the application user in cucm and then tried to login to UCCX instead of creating end user.

i told him we need to create end user in cucm and then assign that user to administrative capability in uccx.

Then he showed me that he can login to UCCX with cucm application user that is created while installing cucm ie web gui application user of cucm. how is that possible? eventhough we can login to UCCX with cucm primary application user it is not showing in UCCX as administrator.

i tried to enter the following command in UCCX OS

run sql select name from applicationuser

its showing all the initial appication user. but not showing any thing that created afterwards.

So my question is how can we use application user of CUCM to login to UCCX web login?

he created a 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jaheshkhan,

UCCX: The administrator account created during install is the only account you can create for access that is independent of CUCM. Any additional account you create that has access to UCCX will be created through CUCM via end user and then assigned administrator rights.

Any application user you create, and even if you assign every single right to the account, will not have access to UCCX because UCCX will have no way to see it unless it is an end user.

Whomever installed UCCX for this location used the same AppAdmin account for both installations of CUCM and UCCX and that is why you are able to access the administrator GUI for UCCX.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4
Any update on this? how can i login to UCCX webpage using CUCM web application user account?

I can currently possible with first application administration account of CUCM but not with new added administration account.

jaheshkhan,

I am not completely sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish, but please let me know if I got this right.

You want the cucm/ccmadmin user to be the same for UCCX/appadmin. If that is the case, you need to go into the UCCX CLI and change the following to match what is being used in CUCM.

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name
utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password

i want secondary cucm adminuser(application user) to be added as appadmin for UCCX . I dont want to change the current CUCM ccmadmin that is currently using as UCCX appadmin.
i want to know whether second CUCM ccmadmin can be used as UCCX appadmin or not.

I know normally if need a secondary UCCX appdmin we should first create the user in cucm under End user.
May I know why CUCM primary web adminuser(application user) can login to UCCX?

1) I think the Primary app-admin account which you are referring to is not the CUCM Admin account but rather the Administrator Account created in UCCX during installation. So we can use that Account or any new End User account configured as Administrator to login into UCCX. Maybe UserId and Password of UCCX and CUCM Admin Account are same. You can easily verify this by changing the Password of CUCM Application usera and try to login in UCCX/.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

my question is that. administrator account is installed during installation only. we can also login to web gui of UCCX with as well. thats why im asking this question....
so my question is that whether second application user of cucm can be used as administrator of web gui of uccx or not.
or are they independently created. i mean that is not connection with cucm.

jaheshkhan,

UCCX: The administrator account created during install is the only account you can create for access that is independent of CUCM. Any additional account you create that has access to UCCX will be created through CUCM via end user and then assigned administrator rights.

Any application user you create, and even if you assign every single right to the account, will not have access to UCCX because UCCX will have no way to see it unless it is an end user.

Whomever installed UCCX for this location used the same AppAdmin account for both installations of CUCM and UCCX and that is why you are able to access the administrator GUI for UCCX.

Hi,

You can't use second application user of cucm as administrator of web gui of uccx.

You can use EndUser from cucm (even with AD credintials) as gui administrator in uccx.

Additionaly you need map this EndUser as Administrator in UCCX GUI ( UCCX Administration > User managment>User View)

BR Oleksandr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: